statcounter

#####################################################

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A quickening pace

After so many months of very little visible progress on the glamping project, the activity has now picked up significantly.  In fact, it's moving along at a blistering pace!  I've got contractors stumbling over each other and heavy equipment that is using the new road on the same day that it is being completed....not that I'm complaining.  It's about time!  The bad news is that all of the big checks are going to be due at the same time.   Here are some pics from the last 5 days...yes, 5 days!  THAT's what I'm talking about!

Waiting for delivery on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. "It'll only take an hour."

The glamping huts have arrived!

The glamping huts promptly get buried axle deep in the mud!

The customer tows out the glamping huts...and works 6 hours unloading material!  I paid for this privilege?
The construction crew knocking out the huts.

Meanwhile, my excavator was realigning the entrance...

...and resetting the gate.
I've been keeping busy as well.  Here, looking for the perfect natural post for the glamping sign.

I've also been building loads of furniture.
Two days later, three huts are up!

The road is finished and the bath house pad is graded.  Construction on that building starts next week!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan and Beth, Woah! Looking good.

I bet your so excited. Glad to see its coming along nicely.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Wow- Love seeing this! Keep posting!
Ruthie