statcounter

#####################################################

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A long row to hoe


Beth and I are currently training for the Amsterdam Marathon in October and there are plenty of places nearby to get in a long run. Aside from the National Dunes Park, this trail complex is my favorite. It's very close to home and has a bunch of different lenght loop options...and Sage can come along because there isn't much road frontage and a good portion of it is "loslooplaats"...dogs run free.

It was one of the first trails that we found when we moved to Haarlem last August. I remember looking across the polder at the trees in the distance and thinking - "One of these days I want to run the whole way around there." Now, I have to go around more than once for one of my longer training runs.

BTW - it's also the same polder that the infamous "tipped" sheep was found on.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Sounds good Barry. We'd love to have you join us at the race. My sister is coming in from the states and is doing a 1/2 marathon as well. Beth, out of fear of shame and humiliation by being "1-upped" by her husband, decided to upgrade her race to a full marathon.