statcounter

#####################################################

Friday, June 13, 2008

Orange

Once again, the allure of organized sporting events eludes me. This years Euro cup got off to a great start for the Dutch team with an apparent record breaking win over Italy in their opening match. As you can imagine, it has gotten a bit crazy around here. This is news footage of a Dutch party in Vienna in prep for the game tonight against France.

In the opening minutes of the game, I threw on my orange shirt to show support and went for a nice long run through the city. It's really a pretty cool experience....kind of like a Stephen King novel about a devastating plague or something. There was virtually no one on the streets. I counted 10 people and 5 cars on my entire run. Amazing!

By the way, the Dutch destroyed France 4-1. The crazyness continues....





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Per sports mania, one of the reasons Tom and I were happy not to move to Wisconsin, many years ago, was that we had no interest in becoming--or being involved with--cheese heads. Sue