statcounter

#####################################################

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lunch in the park in Midtown.


Relaxing in Central Park on a beautiful New York day.

The Chrysler Building is still my favorite building in the city.

The visit to Maryland was also great! I didn’t take many pictures but it was an extremely relaxing time visiting with friends and family out in the mountains. This picture of the Beth and Eva as they headed down the Youghiogheny River. I think it nicely captures our time in Western Maryland.

















Washington DC was…well….Washington, DC. I don't think I need to expand on my thoughts about this city. However, it was pretty interesting as we showed our Dutch friends around the monuments on the mall. Have you ever noticed that 90% of them are war memorials? Or intricately related to war? I guess that is what the central area of our nation's capital is reserved for, but I never really thought about it until seeing it through the eyes of foreigners who weren’t all that familiar with the city and/or history. “Oh no. Not another war monument.”

Here is a picture of one that you all know by heart. It remains one of my favorites. If you've never read the speaches inscribed on the walls here, I highly recommend it. They are inspired compared to today's politics.


Our time with Pam was wonderful and we are looking forward to returning the hospitality when she comes to visit us in July.

No comments: