statcounter

#####################################################

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sunny winter days



It has been a very mild winter here in Holland. We’ve actually seen quite a few sunny days and have been able to enjoy more outdoor activities than is typical for this time of year. Now that Beth has a new bike, we’ve been doing a lot more riding…even more than we used to do with the old beater that she brought from the states. And with her sporty new blue helmet, she’ll even hit the single track with me. She’s still not screaming down the hills, but she holds her own pretty good and she is almost able to climb “The Wall” at Kilometer 16 in Schoorl….affectionately named after the steep grade up 8th Street back in Boise.

I still want to do my solo trip along the Rhine river to Switzerland this year, but I think that the more she rides the more interest she has in joining me on a few overnighters with the bikes…as long as I’m hauling her stuff in the panniers.

No comments: