statcounter

#####################################################

Tuesday, November 15, 2005



Old Fart

Well, today it’s official. Beth and I have both crossed the 40 year barrier. This brings us into a whole new checkbox category on government forms. What is the standard label beside our new box - Middle aged? Elderly? Old Fart? I guess that it all depends upon your perspective. When you look at someone like Beth’s pap, who is still going strong at 94, we would probably be considered carefree youngsters.

All in all we’re both pretty happy with 40. Oh sure, it would always be better with a few less wrinkles, a few more hairs, but I suppose that those types of things are to be expected. As long as we’re wearing out hiking shoes faster than couch cushions, we’ll stay young at heart and continue waking up with a smile - just like this morning, right Beth? ;-)

Cheers!

Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moely and What the heck!
He made it to 40
Without breaking his neck!
(And without one felony conviction or a single paternity suit even...Go figure)

Welcome to middle age bro. They tell me that the best it yet to come, but I have my doubts. Anyway, Happy Birthday.

Steve