statcounter

#####################################################

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Paris


The "Left Bank". This was the area of the city that Hemmingway and other noted writers haunted. Les Deux Maggots is just around the corner in this photo.

I can’t believe that we’ve lived in Europe for almost a year and have only recently taken the high speed train down to Paris. After 4 nights in the heart of the French capital, I can understand the allure and energy that has drawn so many artists, writers, intellectuals, and free thinkers here to sit with like-minded compatriots in a sidewalk cafĂ© on a quiet square tucked into an hopelessly picturesque quarter of the city.

While I didn’t enjoy the standard tourist sites (I rarely do), I found exploring the less tour-bus trammeled areas of Paris fascinating and beautiful. The following pictures are from our visit. Hope you enjoy! Posted by Hello

No comments: